Canada Super Visa For Parents and Grandparents
By: Canada eTA
Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents are eligible for special visas. Holders of a parent or grandparent super visa can stay in Canada for an extended period. On this page, you will find all the information you need to apply for the Canada super visa.
What Is the Canada Super Visa?
The Canadian super visa is a special visa that lets you spend up to 5 years visiting your children or grandchildren.
Once you come to Canada using your super visa, border officers certify how long you can remain. The Canadian super visa is valid for a period of up to ten (10) years and numerous journeys.
To stay for more than six (6) months, you just need to apply for a super visa. You can visit relatives in Canada on a visitor visa or Canadian eTA if your stay is less than 6 months.
Visiting Canada is simpler than ever since Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has introduced the simplified and streamlined process of obtaining electronic travel authorisation or Online Canada Visa. Online Canada Visa is an travel permit or electronic travel authorization to enter and visit Canada for a period of less than 6 months for tourism or business. International tourists must have a Canada eTA to be able to enter Canada and explore this beautiful country. Foreign citizens can apply for an Online Canada Visa Application in a matter of minutes. Online Canada Visa Application process is automated, simple, and completely online.
Who Is Eligible for A Canada Super Visa?
- You can request a super visa to visit your children or grandkids in Canada for up to 5 years if you are authorized to enter Canada (recently increased from 2 years).
- The super visa is a long-stay option to the tourist visa or eTA, which allows for stays of up to six (6) months.
- To be awarded a super visa, you must be regarded as a genuine tourist. When reviewing your application, your ties to your native country, as well as the country's political and economic stability, will be considered.
- You must pass an immigration medical exam and have all of the paperwork provided below.
Checklist For the Super Visa Canada
To request a Canada super visa, you must have all of the documents on this list:
- You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident's parent or grandparent - The super visa is only available to the parents or grandparents of permanent residents of Canada. The child or grandchild must be a Canadian citizen or have a valid permanent resident permit.
- A notarized invitation letter from your child or grandchild is required. Your child's or grandchild's invitation letter must include the following information:
- Pledge to financially support you during your stay.
- List of people in the family.
- A copy of the child's or grandchild's citizenship or permanent residence documentation.
- You must obtain medical insurance from a Canadian employer - The policy must be valid for a minimum of 12 months following your arrival in Canada. A minimum of $100,000 in emergency coverage is necessary. You will also require documentation that it has been fully paid for.
The Canada visa online or the Canada Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) acts as an entry requirement, linked electronically to the traveller’s passport, for nationals travelling from the visa-exempt countries to Canada. Canada Visa Application
What Is the Required Annual Income To Apply For A Canada Super Visa?
Your child or grandchild must show proof of financial support. The inviting child or grandchild must be financially capable of supporting you during your visit.
For a one-person family unit, the basic amount needed to apply for a super visa is $26,620. This figure is subject to revision.
Before applying, make sure to check the most recent income requirements.
What Are the Documents Proving Financial Capability For Parent And Grandparent Canada Super Visas?
The following documents may be used as proof of finances when applying for a super visa:
- T4/T1 Employment Insurance Benefits Statements or Assessment Notices
- Employment letter outlining pay, job title, and start date
- Pay stubs
- Account statements
Other factors we consider:
Before deciding whether you can visit Canada, we take numerous factors into account. You must be a real tourist to Canada who will leave of your own volition at the end of your stay.
When you apply, we will consider the following factors:
- Your ties to your homeland.
- The reason for your visit, your family, and your finances.
- Your home country's overall economic and political stability.
How To Apply for A Canada Super Visa for Parents And Grandparents?
To apply for a super visa, you must be outside of Canada.
If you meet all the eligibility requirements, you can apply for a Canada super visa in three steps:
- Fill out the super visa application form for Canada.
- Upload the necessary documents.
- Pay your Canada super visa costs with a debit or credit card.
There is more than one type of Canada eTA or Canada Visa Type. The Canada eTA can be used for the following purposes: Transit, Tourism and sightseeing, Business and Medical treatment. eTA Canada Visa Types
What Is The Canada Super Visa Application And Approval Times?
Most super visa applications are granted within a few weeks. The length of the wait varies based on the visa office.
Successful candidates are given a letter to present to border officials when they arrive in Canada.
It should be noted that visitors from visa-free nations can also apply for a super visa. To fly to Canada, visa-exempt aviation travelers may additionally need to apply for a Canada eTA.
The Length Of Stay For Canada Super Visa Was Extended In 2022
The super visa for Canada in 2022 has undergone significant changes.
The maximum stay in Canada has been expanded from two (2) to five (5) years. Your super visa will be valid for up to two (2) years if you apply on or after July 4, 2022.
Even if you have applied for the Canada Super Visa before July 4, 2022, you may still be able to stay for up to 5 years.
- If the application was accepted before July 4, 2022: If your application was accepted after July 4, 2022, but you have not yet arrived in Canada, you will still be entitled to stay for up to 5 years.
- If you have arrived in Canada on a super visa before July 4, 2022: If you entered Canada before July 4, the time allowed by border officials stays the same. This indicates that if you were allowed two (2) years, you can stay for another two (2) years.
If you want to stay longer, you can leave Canada and return after July 4, 2022, or you can apply to extend your stay.
Get answers to the most common questions about the important information, requirements and documents required to travel to Canada. Learn more at Online Canada Visa Frequently Asked Questions.
What Are the Next Steps Following Your Application?
Most super visa applications are processed in a few days or less. The processing time varies according to the visa office.
Fingerprints and Photograph (Biometrics):
To avoid processing delays, schedule your biometric session as soon as possible.
If you are unable to schedule an appointment by the time specified in your biometric instruction letter, there may be procedures in place to assist you.
The Canada Super Visa Application Process:
We will review your application to ensure that you have all of the required paperwork.
If it is incomplete, we will return it to you without processing it.
We may also request that you:
- go to an interview with one of our representatives in your nation to send more information
- obtain a medical examination
- obtain a police certification
If you need to perform any of them, we'll tell you what to do.
Most applications are processed in a few days or less. Processing times vary depending on the visa office and whether any additional processes are required (listed above).
We will return your passport and other original documents to you once your application has been processed. We will not return original bank statements or any papers that we discover to be forged.
The visa will be stamped inside your passport if your application is approved.
If you are from a visa-exempt country, we will provide you with a letter that you will need to show to a border services officer when you arrive in Canada.
If your application is denied, we will notify you.
Citizens of the United Kingdom can apply for eTA in Canada. The United Kingdom was one of the first countries to join the Canada eTA programme. The Canada eTA programme allows British nationals to enter Canada quickly. Learn about Eligibility for a Canada Visa for British Citizens
Once You Arrive in Canada.
Verification of identity:
A valid super visa and travel document may not guarantee entry to Canada.
When you arrive, we will verify your identity to ensure that you are the same person who was granted permission to travel to Canada.
If you enter Canada through one of the country's 10 major airports:
- Your fingerprints will be immediately examined at a primary inspection kiosk.
- The system will verify your identity using the information you provided when you submitted your application.
If you enter Canada through smaller airports and land ports:
- If we refer you to a secondary inspection, your fingerprints may be verified by a border services officer using a fingerprint verification device.
Prepare your Documents:
When you arrive, you will be greeted by a Canada Border Services Agency officer (CBSA).
Your passport and travel documents will be requested by the officer. Other paperwork, including a copy of your health insurance, will also be provided. Make certain that these documents are not in your luggage. This expedites your immigration into Canada.
The possession of a valid super visa and travel document (passport, titre de voyage, or Certificate of Identity) does not guarantee entry into Canada.
Children under the age of 18 must travel with the proper documentation and must meet the same admission requirements as adults. Depending on whether the child is traveling alone or with someone, the border services officer may ask small children to provide further documentation. Learn more about the criteria for minor children.
After You Arrive in Canada
If you pass the identification check and complete the entrance conditions, the border services official may stamp your passport or tell you how long you are permitted to stay in Canada. You may be able to stay in Canada for up to 5 years with a super visa.
In some situations, the officer may limit or prolong your stay in Canada to ensure that you fulfill the purpose of your visit.
If you are unsure about something, ask questions.
If you provide fraudulent or incomplete information, you will be denied entry into Canada. You must persuade the officer that:
- You are eligible to enter Canada.
- You will depart Canada at the end of your permitted stay.
Living in Canada
Canada may be considerably different from your home nation, which means you'll need to learn a lot about it before you there. Learn about Canada's climate, people, government, and way of life with us!
Working Or studying in Canada
Most travelers to Canada require a work or study permit. There are a few choices if you are visiting Canada and still have legal status in Canada and want to work or study.
You can apply for a work permit in the following ways:
- From your home country or another lawfully admitted country, or
- In person or by mail at the nearest visa application center (VAC)
Request a work visa now!
You can apply for a study permit in the following ways:
- from your home country or another lawfully admitted country, or
- in person or by mail at the nearest visa application center (VAC)
Check your eligibility for Online Canada Visa and apply for eTA Canada Visa 3 days in advance of your flight. British citizens, Italian citizens, Spanish citizens, French citizens, Israeli citizens, South Korean citizens, Portuguese citizens, and Chilean citizens can apply online for eTA Canada Visa. Should you need any help or require any clarifications you should contact our helpdesk for support and guidance.