Online Canada Visa Types: Which One Should You Apply For?
By: Canada eTA
Depending on their nationality, the length of their stay, and the reason for their visit, different Canada Visa Types are available that allow foreign nationals to enter the nation. Many foreign nationals can visit Canada without a visa for brief periods; however, if flying into the country, they must first get an electronic travel authorization (eTA) or Online Canada Visa.
The straightforward eTA application form must be filled out online by eligible nationals, who must also provide basic passport and personal information and respond to a few health and security-related questions.
The Online Canada Visa, which has a five (5) year validity span and permits multiple stays of up to six (6) months each after approval, is electronically connected to the applicant's passport.
Holders of a Canada eTA must also apply for one of the different Canada Visa Types if they want to work or study there. Keep reading our article to know all about the different Online Canada Visa Types.
Visiting Canada is simpler than ever since Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has introduced the simplified and streamlined process of obtaining electronic travel authorisation or Online Canada Visa. Online Canada Visa is an travel permit or electronic travel authorization to enter and visit Canada for a period of less than 6 months for tourism or business. International tourists must have a Canada eTA to be able to enter Canada and explore this beautiful country. Foreign citizens can apply for an Online Canada Visa Application in a matter of minutes. Online Canada Visa Application process is automated, simple, and completely online.
What Are Some Important Points About the Online Canada Visa?
- Before traveling to Canada, people who are citizens of one of the more than 50 nations without a visa must apply for one of the different Online Canada Visa Types or etas (with the exception of United States citizens).
- An eTA-eligible passport that will be valid for at least six (6) months after the date of acceptance is required, along with a current email address and a valid credit or debit card to cover the application fee.
- The eTA for Canada has a five (5) year validity period and permits multiple entries with a total stay of six (6) months each time.
- With the new 1-hour urgent processing service, which is available when paying the eTA charge, it is now possible to receive an authorized Canada eTA in as little as 60 minutes.
- You must submit the necessary paperwork to get the proper Canada tourist visa waiver.
Calgary is a fantastic destination for trips that involve skiing, hiking, or sightseeing. But there are also several tourist attractions for those looking for entertainment directly in the city. Learn more at Tourist Guide to Must Visit Places in Calgary.
What Is the Canada Visitor Visa?
- Foreign nationals who are not exempt from visa requirements must obtain one of the various Canada Visa Types before traveling there.
- A single admission into Canada is permitted for a maximum stay of 6 months with the Canada visitor visa, commonly known as the Canadian tourist visa or temporary residency visa.
- When a citizen's application for a study or work permit is approved for the first time, they immediately receive a visiting visa.
Before applying for the Canada Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) you must make sure to have a valid passport from a visa-exempt country, an email address that is valid and working and credit/debit card for online payment. Learn more at Canada Visa Eligibility and Requirements.
What Are the Work Visa Requirements For Canada?
It is first necessary to satisfy the Canada Work Visa Requirements to submit an application for permission to work in Canada.
Before visiting the nation, those who qualify for a Canada tourist visa or an eTA must submit an application for a work permit. Candidates should also:
- Do not intend to work for an employer that is marked as "ineligible" on the list of employers that did not adhere to the guidelines established by the Canadian government.
- Avoid preparing to work for an employer who regularly provides escort services, exotic dance.
- Obey the law and do not have any criminal history (a police clearance certificate may be requested).
- Do not pose a security threat to Canada.
- Be in good health and, if necessary, undergo a medical exam
- You must be able to demonstrate to a border official that you'll leave Canada when your work visa expires and that you have the money to support yourself and any family members while you're here as well as your return home.
- You must be able to provide any additional supporting documentation that border officials may ask for to demonstrate your eligibility for entry.
British Columbia is one of the most well-liked travel destinations in Canada thanks to its mountains, lakes, islands, and rainforests, as well as its scenic cities, charming towns, and world-class skiing. Learn more at Complete Travel Guide to British Columbia.
What Are Some Points About Permanent Residency in Canada?
You must first become a permanent resident of Canada to gain Canadian residency. For their application to be authorized for Canadian residency, the applicant must:
- Have spent three (3) of the last five (5) years in Canada.
- If necessary, have submitted their taxes.
- You must be able to demonstrate your knowledge of Canada.
- You must be able to demonstrate your ability to communicate in at least one of Canada's official languages (English and French).
Permanent Resident of Canada:
- An immigrant to Canada who has been granted permanent residence status but is not a Canadian citizen is known as a permanent resident.
- There are many methods to apply for permanent residency statuses, such as a refugee, a worker whose talents are in demand by the Canadian government, or someone who can be sponsored by a relative residing in Canada.
- A visitor to Canada, such as a student or an employee from outside, is not considered a permanent resident.
What Are Some Points About the Canada Transit Visa?
Most foreign visitors who pass through Canada en route to their final destination require a Canada transit visa in order to enter and depart the country if flying.
The holder of a transit visa for Canada is permitted to pass through a Canadian airport for up to 48 hours before continuing to another location. Depending on the applicant's travel plans, a single or double-entry visa may be granted.
Transit visas are not necessary for citizens of countries Canada has granted visa exemptions to travel through. However, if arriving by plane for transit purposes, they must have a current eTA (except for citizens of the United States).
Although it may have originated in Germany, Oktoberfest is now widely associated with beer, lederhosen, and an excessive amount of bratwurst. Oktoberfest is a significant event in Canada. To commemorate the Bavarian celebration, both locals and travelers from Canada turn out to celebrate Oktoberfest in large numbers. Learn more at Travel Guide to Oktoberfest in Canada.
FAQs About the Canada Visa Types
How do I know which of the different Canada visa types I need to apply for?
Foreign nationals who need visas must apply for the appropriate authorization based on their intended purpose of travel. Canada provides permanent residency, work visas, transit visas, and visitor visas.
Tourist visas are not required for entry into Canada for citizens of countries that do not require them. Instead, these citizens should submit an Electronic Travel Authorization for Canada application (eTA for Canada).
Most visitors from non-visa-exempt countries will need a visiting visa, which can be applied for at the embassy, for ordinary tourism purposes. Holders of a visitor visa are allowed to stay in the nation for as long as the visa allows, but not longer.
Foreign nationals qualified for either the eTA or tourist visa must have a work permit. Foreign nationals seeking employment in Canada must comply with a specific set of rules in addition to satisfying the requirements for a work visa.
Foreign nationals who transit through a Canadian airport en route to their destination are needed to have a transit visa. Travelers from non-visa-exempt nations need a transit visa, while other citizens need an approved eTA to catch a connecting flight in Canada.
To be granted permission to reside in Canada permanently, one must fulfill the standards set forth by the Canadian government.
Do I need a Canada Visa if I am transiting through the country without stopping?
Most passengers that connect through a Canadian airport without staying overnight or traveling farther into the nation require either an authorized Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a transit visa.
Visa-exempt nationals do not need a visa to transit through Canada, but they do need an authorized Online Canada Visa (or Canada eTA). US citizens traveling through Canada without making a stop or stopping in are not required to get an eTA or transit visa.
If traveling by plane and intending to stay in Canada for a brief period, foreign individuals from countries that do not require visas must apply for a transit visa.
Foreign nationals who desire to stay in the country for longer than this must apply for the appropriate type of visa, which is only valid for visits up to two (2) days (48 hours).
There are two types of transit visas available; qualified foreign nationals should apply for the appropriate form based on their travel plans.
Make sure to carefully review the transit visa requirements and apply for the necessary permit before departing from a Canadian airport.
Is there any difference between single and multiple entry visas for Canada?
As long as the applicant's passport and visa are valid, they may enter the nation only once with a single-entry visa.
A person who departs the nation while holding a valid visa is not permitted to return on the same visa. This means that visitors with single-entry visas must apply for new permission to enter the nation a second time after leaving Canada.
For as long as the visa or passport is valid, the bearer of a multiple-entry visa may leave and return to the nation as often as they like.
In this instance, applying for many different Canada Visa Types is not necessary in order to cross the Canadian border multiple times.
Foreign nationals who meet certain requirements will only be given a single-entry visa, even though applicants are automatically given a multi-entry visa for Canada.
The Canada Electronic Travel Authorization has multiple entries. This means that individuals who have an approved eTA may leave and reenter Canada as often as they like for as long as the eTA is in effect.
Is it possible to work in Canada with a Tourist Visa or Canada eTA?
The eTA Canada must be applied for in addition to a work permit for holders to be able to work in Canada. Both the eTA and the work permit may be applied for and issued simultaneously. There is no need to make a separate payment.
Those who are qualified to apply for the Canada guest visa must additionally acquire a work permit to work in Canada, much like with the eTA. Both the Canadian tourist visa and the Canadian work permit can be obtained simultaneously. There is no requirement to submit a separate application or pay a different fee.
Should I apply for a Online Canada Visa (or Canada eTA) if I already have a Visa?
Most visitors must have a Canadian visa to enter the nation. For visitors, students, those who want to work in Canada, and people who want to settle there, there are various kinds of Canada visas.
For stays of up to six (6) months intended for tourism and pleasure, nationals of a few countries are free from the need for a visa to enter Canada.
For visitors from nations that do not require visas, the Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) for Canada serves as a digital visa waiver.
The person can take advantage of their visa exemption and bypass the more time-consuming and difficult procedure of acquiring a visa by just registering online.
An eTA or a visa, but not both, is sufficient for entry into Canada.
Online Canada Visa, or Canada eTA, is a mandatory travel documents for citizens of visa-exempt countries. If you are a citizen of a Canada eTA eligible country, or if you are a legal resident of the United States, you will need eTA Canada Visa for layover or transit, or for tourism and sightseeing, or for business purposes, or for medical treatment. Learn more at Online Canada Visa Application Process.
Check your eligibility for Online Canada Visa and apply for eTA Canada Visa 3 days in advance of your flight. British citizens, Italian citizens, Spanish citizens, French citizens, Israeli citizens, South Korean citizens, Portuguese citizens, and Chilean citizens can apply online for eTA Canada Visa. Should you need any help or require any clarifications you should contact our helpdesk for support and guidance.